Every year, several media list the most dangerous college campuses. The data mostly are obtained from the U.S. Department of Education. The majority of crime reports are burglaries, assault, rape, and robbery related. It is interesting to note that some crimes can be seasonable.
For example, “more than 50% of college sexual assaults take place between August and November, according to the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, which advocates nationally against sexual violence,” USAToday reported.
Below are the news links on Most Dangerous College Campuses in the U.S. Surprisingly, many top America’s schools are on the list.
- The (100) Most Dangerous Colleges in the United States
- America’s most dangerous universities
- Study: Connecticut home to 4 of America’s 100 most dangerous cities
- Top 10 Highest Reported Crime Rates for Large College
- College campuses with the most reported crime in America
- 25 Most Dangerous Colleges
“Safety First” is a sensible policy applied to American students as well as international students. There are several blog posts on our website dealing with similar topics. Please refer to our post “How to be safe on campus” for more information on what you can do for a safe and sound journey while studying in the United States.