INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS RESOURCES
Scholarships are free aid that can help you pay for your degree, especially if you have a strong academic background.
If you’re interested in pursuing international student scholarships offered at Kent State, our Office of Global Education is here to help. Apply to KSU, and find the financial aid you need.
As an international student, you’re qualified for many of the Kent State scholarships:
- Global Scholarship – Automatic consideration
Kent State offers other scholarship search opportunities, however please read the eligibility criteria carefully as some are for U.S. citizens only. Plus, there are special scholarships for international students attending college in the United States. Explore a few of these resources below:
- EducationUSA offers a multitude of programs for international students, including funding support.
- The International Education Financial Aid website allows you to search for scholarships based on what you’re studying, where you’re studying, and where you’re from. Fill in your intended major and home country, with Ohio as your place of study, to find scholarships that can go toward your Kent State degree.
- Your home country’s government likely offers scholarships for students attending college abroad. Be sure to visit your government’s website or contact a government office for information on how to apply for the available aid.
- The Organization of American States (OAS) lists Scholarships for Latin American and Caribbean students in their Financial Guide for Higher Education.
- Women pursuing higher education can apply for scholarships for the American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Students who are seeking an undergraduate degree in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship might be eligible for Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program.
For the international student who has a dream of studying in the United States, the Global Scholarship makes a Kent State Education “A Whole Lot Closer than You Think!
Kent State established the Global Scholarship in January 2018 because it values diversity among its student population and as a result seeks to attract a greater number of high quality international students to its campuses. The Global Scholarship is available to all incoming international undergraduate degree-seeking students who have been admitted to Kent State. The Global Scholarship provides eligible students with $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester), reducing the cost of a Kent State 4-year undergraduate degree by up to $16,000.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
- An incoming UNDERGRADUATE International student
- Freshman, transfer, ESL only, and visiting students are eligible for the Global Scholarship
- Graduate and current students are not eligible
- In-state resident students are not eligible for the Global Scholarship
- Only those students attending the Kent campus are eligible to receive the Global Scholarship
- Students will be automatically considered for the scholarship upon admission to the university.
The Global Scholarship grants each eligible undergraduate freshman or transfer student $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester). Incoming freshmen students may receive the Global Scholarship for a total of eight semesters. Transfer students may receive the Global Scholarship for up to eight semesters depending on the number of credits transferred to Kent State.
For the Global Scholarship to automatically renew each year, awarded students simply need to maintain continuous full-time enrollment at Kent State and good academic standing.