California State University, Northridge (CSUN) announced a new one-year Student Success Pathway (SSP) Program to attract international students. As CSUN states on its website:
This one-year program provides international students with a pathway into the university. Created for first-time freshmen, the program helps students develop the academic and English-language skills needed to succeed at CSUN.
(1) Target Students:
International students who are qualified to take the intensive English courses for SSP and also want to take some college-level courses at the same time.
(2) Application Requirements:
In other words, CSUN will issue conditional admissions to qualified international students who have met the program’s minimum language requirements – IBT 50 or IELTS 5.0.
(3) Your Benefits:
- Conditional admission – Receive pre-approved admission to CSUN if you maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher in all of your university credit courses and meet the university’s English-proficiency admission requirements.
- Guaranteed enrollment – Be pre-enrolled in courses that provide six units in the Fall semester and nine units in the Spring semester.
- Classes with CSUN students – Take university courses alongside degree-seeking students.
- Tutoring – Obtain tutoring from highly trained, master’s degree-level instructors.
- Campus access – Gain access to the university’s fitness and health centers, as well as student clubs, intramural sports, the library and much more.
- Student support services – Receive ongoing advising on student life, academics, immigration and more.
- Residential life – Live in dorms on campus or in apartments around CSUN.