“Glenville State College senior criminal justice major and business minor Gracen Samples has been chosen to take part in the prestigious FBI Honors Internship Program.” – ClayCountyFreePress.com
The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) is the domestic intelligence and security services of the U.S. government, therefore the FBI Honors Internship program is only eligible to U.S. citizens.
Why Join the Internship?
For the fun of being an investigator or the sake of starting a career to unlock unsolved mysteries or prevent crimes, as FBI’s website describes:
Discover an insider’s perspective on FBI operations while gaining unparalleled experience with our Honors Internship and Visiting Scientist Programs, or begin a career directly after graduation with our Collegiate Hiring Initiative.
When to Apply for FBI Internship?
The application period for the 2018 Honors Internship Program and Collegiate Hiring Initiative has been closed. FBI has selected who will join their prestigious programs this year. Applications for FBI’s 2019 program(s) will begin in August 2018.
Length and Locations of FBI Honors Internship
It is a 10-week, paid internship for all college undergraduate and graduate students. Interns work side-by-side with FBI employees at FBI’s Washington, D.C. area headquarters locations, or in field offices around the United States.
Majors Needed for the Internship
One doesn’t have to be a technology or science major to join this program. It is open to a wide range of academic majors, and this internship offers unique experiences that are hard to come by in other organizations.
Have U.S. Citizenship.
- Attend a college or university full-time as an undergraduate (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior), graduate, or post-doctorate student. Students are not eligible if graduating before the program start date; exceptions are permitted to students continuing their education in the following immediate semester.
- Have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or better at the time of application, throughout the application process, and the duration of the internship program.
- A first-semester freshman or student attending a school who does not provide a GPA will need to meet alternate criteria. Instead of a 3.0 GPA or higher the applicant will have to have maintained at least a 3.0 High School GPA and have scored 1500 out of 2400 on an SAT (1000 out of 1600 on new SATS) or scored a 21 or higher on an ACT.
- Pass all of the FBI employment background investigation requirements and be able to receive a Top Secret security clearance
Skills Required (per FBI)
- Strong analytical thinking abilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Take initiative and be self-motivated
- Work well with others
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and abilities
Application Forms for 2018
All applicants should download the following two forms for 2018, and fill them out with most accurate info.
As of today, the internship application period for 2018 has been closed. If you are interested in the internship, remember to visit FBI’s website in August when the application for 2019 starts. FBI Job Application Process: This will take you to an FBI’s pdf file which explains how you can apply for a job with FBI.