The total cost at many elite private institutions could go over $65,000 per year. Many outstanding international students from Asia often ask us if any U.S. colleges provide full-ride scholarships or financial support of any kind.
Below are the 10 colleges and universities that offer most generous financial aid to international students in recent years. Listed in each row are the name of school, the number of international students who received aid, the average amount awarded, academic ranking.
- Skidmore College (NY), 96, $56,600; #38 National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Yale University (CT), 322, $55,862; #3 National Universities
- Amherst College (MA), 154, $55,673; #2 National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Williams College (MA), 87, $55,119; #1 National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Wesleyan University (CT), 77, $54,969; #14 National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Trinity College (CT), 166, $54,788; #43 National Liberal Arts Colleges
- Columbia University (NY), 176, $53,972; #4 National Universities
- Stanford University (CA), 150, $53,422; #4 National Universities
- Harvard University (MA), 542, $53,409; #2 National Universities
- Duke University (NC), 173, $53,334; #8 National Universities